200hr Teacher Training
Hudson River Yoga Alignment Based 200hr Hatha/Vinyasa Teacher Training/Immersion Program will begin September 2018 - June 2019
This training fills, so please apply early to reserve your place.
Download our Teacher Training Application here - and email to sgrange @ Hudsonriveryoga.com
Hudson River Yoga is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance. Graduates of this program will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 Level.
This program is 10 weekends, generally the second weekend of the month.
Time: Friday evenings, Saturdays, Sundays - time TBD
Location: Hudson River Yoga, Poughkeepsie NY
Guided by Hudson River Yoga Director Susannah Grange, E-RYT 500, and Amy Reed E-RYT 500, as well as skilled guest teachers. This unique program is geared toward the aspiring teacher as well as those wishing to deepen their practice.
Our 200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program offers a strong foundation of knowledge covering the basics of:
- Asana (poses)
- Mantras & Chanting
- Muscular and skeletal anatomy
- Subtle anatomy
- Teaching skills
- Communication skills
- Business of yoga
You will have the opportunity to:
* Understand how to incorporate yogic philosophy into your life and your teaching
* Enhance your own yoga practice as you learn more about yourself
* Better understand the historical and cultural influences on yoga practice and teaching
* Learn to teach asana, meditation and pranayama
* Learn to teach modifications for injuries and limitations
* Practice speaking clearly and effectively
* Design classes that balance safety, tradition, and fun
* Better understand the poses and their benefits
* Study the art of hands-on assisting
* Experience, learn and teach smart sequencing
* Learn about the business of yoga and how to begin teaching
* Teach community classes in the studio
* Be mentored when your training is complete
This training will ask you to participate in asana classes, discussion, practice teaching, practice hands-on assisting and monthly homework of study and reading and writing assignments.
What if you are not sure if you want to teach?
That’s OK with us! HRY’s 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Programs will lift your yoga practice to new heights. It is designed to enhance your understanding of yoga, whether or not you elect to teach.
This program is about investing in your life and your own practice… what better way to do so than to enrich and deepen your practice through intensive training? Perhaps you’ll even decide to share what you know by teaching classes of your own upon completing the program, the option is yours as you grow on your own, individual yogic path.
In this program you will practice yoga. Practice breathing. Learn to teach. Practice teaching. Read insightful books. Be supported by teachers who truly care about your growth. Share your experiences with the small group of compassionate peers of all ages and walks of life who will go through the program with you, and who will likely become some of your closest and dearest of friends.
Requirements: 1 year of yoga study or the approval of the director.
Fee: $3,400 for all weekends and all workshops given by outside teachers (This does not include books)
$500 non-refundable payment holds your spot.
Early Registration: by July 31 - save $250
$500 deposit by cash or check or $3,150 paid In full, by cash or check - expires July 31, 2018
APPLY NOW: Please email Susannah at firstname.lastname@example.org for application details, or call the studio at (845) 204-9111.